This position is for a Pack Mule Electric Warehouse Vehicle Operator. Applicant must be able to operate powered industrial vehicles to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines, and loading docks. Please include references!
A high degree of attention required to prevent injury to others and promote a safe work environment. Candidate must have clean driving record, follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records, execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner, while maintaining a clean & safe environment.
- Must be able to count and verify correct load amounts.
- Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility
- Moving goods packed on racks around the storage facility
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the vehicle’s battery and lubricating equipment
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly sitting and standing on a powered industrial vehicle
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
- At least 1 year warehouse vehicle experience
- Forklift Certification a Plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time