Large Wholesale Greenhouse seeking Irrigation Technician. Will be responsible for carrying out assigned irrigation tasks. Tasks include spot watering, identifying needs of plants, running a Rain Bird Irrigation System, following instructions for water lists, general labor required in employees section, maintenance of plants, and memorization of fertilizers.
Must have a good commitment to quality and tasks, good attention to detail, good communication, and be results focused. Must have the ability to lift 35 pounds regularly, have good flexibility, and must be willing to tolerate the different weather conditions depending on season.
- Irrigate plants and set irrigation to attain high quality plant growth, aid production operations, and result in excellent final plants for market.
- Maintain irrigation nozzles, injectors, hand tools and other basic irrigation equipment so that irrigation and application efficiency is preserved.
- Maintain clean and sanitized greenhouses to retard algal/fungal growth and minimize incidence of disease.
- Apply fertilizer, pesticide, fungicide, and herbicide as directed.
- Attain private applicators and chemigators license
- Scout, detect, and advise Grower of deficiencies or serious or potential problems requiring action with plants, greenhouses, or irrigation equipment.
- Assist Grower in managing greenhouse cooling and heating per daily and nightly predicted weather.
- Communicate actions and schedules accurately
- Store, clean, and organization of trays, pallets, tools, equipment, supplies, and other commonly used hard goods and materials.
- Help organize Greenhouse for efficient layout, and set up or move trays, blocks, and pallets in greenhouse according to plan or as conditions change.
- Thin, water, trim, weed, label, and provide specific care for plants as required.
- Assist Grower with recording and maintaining accurate records, inventories, and data as needed.
- Run a Rain Bird Irrigation System or have sufficient computer skills.
- Follow instructions on provided water list to run irrigation machines
Click here to download application
Send your completed application and a resume to Lindy Mathews at: email@example.com